Wednesday, July 1, 2020

The Reason For it All

Being active in a number of social media forums, and being one with a propensity to write, expressing feelings and emotions, I have written much about the experience of meeting Patsy.
Patsy and I were both widowed and we met each other and we have now been married two years and some months. Our story has been told many times, to new friends, even casual acquaintances and in a host of social media posts.
It was inevitable that I would be encouraged to write a book telling our story. As I love to write, and have had some professional writing experience, I jumped on the opportunity to tell our story.
But, I was not going to write the story in memoir form, nor was it going to be autobiographical. I prefer fiction writing and fiction it would be.
The story is entirely fictional. The characters are entirely fictional as is the setting. But, within the story of two people, Harris Wimberly and Anna Forth, both widowed who found each other and learned to live and love again, is our story.
It is a story of second chances and life after loss. It is also a story of God's working in our lives to bring things together when we learn to let go and lean on Him instead of trying to do things which we simply cannot do.
It is my hope that all who read it will be encouraged and inspired. I also hope that the information and the link to the book will be shared to any who may need such encouragement. Especially the widowed who feel that there is little chance for them to know love again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Club Nobody Wants to Join

Widowhood is a club nobody chooses to join, but those inducted into this club do not do so willingly. Those inducted into the club called wi...